We encourage members to create title-level DOIs for all journals.You may also deposit DOIs at the issue and volume level. There are no deposit fees for journal title, volume, or issue level DOIs. When creating a title DOI, note the following:
- A distinct DOI should be created for each version of a title registered with Crossref. Any changes requiring a new ISSN should result in a new title-level DOI.
- A title-level DOI should resolve to a landing page that displays the same title and ISSN (when available) recorded in the Crossref database.
- Once assigned, a title-level DOI must be maintained.
- Responsibility for maintaining a title-level DOI transfers to the new owner when title ownership is transferred.
- As with all content registered with Crossref, the DOI being resolved should appear on the DOI response page.
Depositing title-level DOIs
Title, volume, and issue DOIs may be included with journal article deposits, or may be deposited separately. Once deposited, a journal, volume, or issue DOI does not need to be included in subsequent deposits but, as with all DOIs, the URL should be maintained. The web deposit form supports deposit of title-level DOIs. Sample title-only deposit files are available here: with ISSN | without ISSN